What’s Mindful Breathing?
Mindful or conscious breathing is a practice that you can do anywhere and anytime—making it a powerful practice that can be used regularly to help you strengthen your mind-body connection.
At its essence, Mindful Breathing is about concentrating on your breath to help you stay focused on the present instead of getting lost in the past or future.
What are the Benefits?
Let us take a look at some of the unique benefits you can expect:
- A calmer, quieter mind with fewer distractions
- A reduction in blood pressure
- A reduction in the tendency to ruminate on worrying or breathe vs. breathing normally” looks like.
- Anxiety-inducing thoughts
- Promotion of the relaxation response
- Better memory and overall focus attention
- Stress reduction, reducing stressful moments
- Better sleep
How do I practice Mindful Breathing?
- Start by becoming still, relaxing your body, and focusing on your breathing.
- Now take a deep breath in through your nose, and count to four. Hold the breath for another count of four. And then release the breath slowly out of your mouth to another count of four.
- Wait for four counts, then repeat the cycle at least four more times or until you feel centered.
See mindful breathing infographic below. To download, hover over image and right click and save image as
Ghesi Stojanov is a Certified Transformational Life Coach, NLP Practitioner, and Inspirational Speaker.
Ghesi's passion is to help individuals find balance in their lives by helping them focus on what they do have and tap into the power within, so they can see the beauty and opportunity that lies everywhere.
She is a huge believer that every person has purpose, and value, and is stronger, emotionally, physically, and mentally than they give themselves credit for. Which fuels her passion not just for herself, but to help others to stop settling for the mediocre and to live life with purpose, meaning, and Color!