Spiritual wellness allows you to not only seek meaning and purpose in your life but gives you a deeper appreciation of your life experiences.
When we find meaning in our everyday life experiences, the way we view our challenges, cherished moments, and achievements take on more profound meaning and value, allowing us to develop harmony with ourselves and everything around us.
The National Wellness Institute describes a balanced spiritual wellness practice as:
- Your ability to ponder the meaning of life for yourself and to be tolerant of the beliefs of others. Instead of closing your mind and becoming intolerant.
- Your ability to live each day in a way that is consistent with your core values and beliefs than to live otherwise and feel untrue to yourself.
If you’re not sure where you are at in your spiritual wellness journey, here are 10 Ways to determine your Spiritual well-being by asking yourself these simple questions:
- Do I set time aside every day to make time for relaxation, and am I able to use relaxation techniques to manage stress?
- Do I set time aside for meditation and or prayer?
- Are the decisions and actions I make Guided by my Values?
- Do I have a clear sense of purpose and meaning in my life?
- Do I feel like I live in harmony with myself and with the world around me?
- Do I feel I have a connection to an energy source larger than myself?
- Do I stay grounded and stable when dealing with high stress?
- Do I engage in self-reflection?
- Do I have satisfaction in my goals and working to achieve them?
- I feel like my life has meaning.
If you were able to check off all 10 of these questions, then kudos to you! Give yourself a fist pump! But if you are like the majority of us, you might have drawn a blank or felt like you could delve deeper into some of these questions.
So grab yourself a pen and paper, find a quiet place, and give yourself a moment to think about the questions above and tie them to the questions below.
Don’t think about the who, what, where, and how right now; that will come. I want you to feel the questions and to write down the actions that you see need to take place.
- What feelings (emotions) are being brought to the surface right now?
- Ask yourself if you are doing enough to fuel and feed your Spiritual Wellness?
- What could you do more of?
- What things might be hindering that growth?
- And what actions can you take today to start feeding that growth?
Now that you have a better idea of where you are and where you want to go, remember that you are the captain of your ship. Yes, you might hit choppy waters. Heck, you might even have a hole in your haul. But these are all things that can be repaired, patched, and made stronger if attention and love are given instead of trying to ignore the problems causing your ship to sink.
Start building up your spiritual wellness by creating an action plan for yourself today by using a S.M.A.R.T Goal. S.M.A.R.T Goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
Remember to have fun and to be patient with your growth. Rome was not built in a day, and growth that is going to last does not happen overnight!
Ghesi Stojanov is a Certified Transformational Life Coach, NLP Practitioner, and Inspirational Speaker.
Ghesi's passion is to help individuals find balance in their lives by helping them focus on what they do have and tap into the power within, so they can see the beauty and opportunity that lies everywhere.
She is a huge believer that every person has purpose, and value, and is stronger, emotionally, physically, and mentally than they give themselves credit for. Which fuels her passion not just for herself, but to help others to stop settling for the mediocre and to live life with purpose, meaning, and Color!